Thursday, June 4, 2009

Christian Gospel Song

CHANGED LIKE A BUTTERFLY
ONE AUTUMN DAY I WATCHED, A CATERPILLAR CLIMB A TREE. HE WRAPPED HIMSELF IN SILKEN THREAD, SAFE FROM THE WORLD WAS HE THEN WINTER CAME WITH COLD AND RAIN, BUT HE WAS SAFE INSIDE, AND WITH THE SPRING A MIRACLE GOD MADE A BUTTERFLY
(CHORUS)
AMAZING GRACE, HOW CAN IT BE? OH, PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME, HE WRAPPED ME IN HIS THREADS OF LOVE, I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME, ONE BLESSED DAY, I'LL SEE HIS FACE, HE'LL SPLIT THE EASTERN SKY! THEN WITH HIS SHOUT, I'LL FLY AWAY, CHANGED LIKE A BUTTER FLY.
(VERSE 2)
MY LIFE WAS RUINED, I HAD NO HOPE; A HELL-BOUND ROAD I TROD. BUT THEN I MET THE SAVIOUR, THE BLESSED SON OF GOD. HE'S CHANGED MY LIFE, I'VE BEEN SET FREE FROM THIS OLD WORLD OF SIN, IN HIM A NEW CREATION I HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN. (CHORUS)
YES, WITH HIS SHOUT, I'LL FLY AWAY, CHANGED LIKE A BUTTER FLY.
AMAZING GRACE, HOW CAN IT BE? OH, PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME, HE WRAPPED ME IN HIS THREADS OF LOVE, I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME, ONE BLESSED DAY, I'LL SEE HIS FACE, HE'LL SPLIT THE EASTERN SKY! THEN WITH HIS SHOUT, I'LL FLY AWAY, CHANGED LIKE A BUTTER FLY.
(VERSE)
THE BIBLE TELLS OF MYSTERIES, AND HOW WE'LL ALL BE CHANGED, MORTAL TO IMMORTAL, IT CANNOT BE EXPLAINED, BUT I SHALL BE LIKE JESUS AND REIGN WITH HIM ON HIGH. -'* HOW CAN I DOUBT HIS PROMISES? I'VE SEEN A BUTTERFLY.
(CHORUS)
AMAZING GRACE, HOW CAN IT BE? OH, PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME, HE WRAPPED ME IN HIS THREADS OF LOVE, I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME, ONE BLESSED DAY, I'LL SEE HIS FACE, HE'LL SPLIT THE EASTERN SKY! THEN WITH HIS SHOUT, I'LL FLY AWAY, CHANGED LIKE A BUTTER FLY.
(TAG) YES, WITH HIS SHOUT, I'LL FLY AWAY, CHANGED LIKE A BUTTER FLY.

1 comment:

Rebecca Troup said...

did you ever meet the author of this song? do you know any others that she wrote?