Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fried Green Tomatoes
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 medium-sized green tomatoes,
cut into 1/2-inch slices
3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine egg and milk; pinch of salt set aside. Combine cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper.
Dip tomatoes in egg mixture; dredge in cornmeal mixture.
Fry in oil until golden brown.
I love these Fried Tomatoes, and most places they are gone by now, but in the South where I live, we still have a few tomatoes coming in, so make them good fried tomatoes while you can.
THOT FOR THE DAY:
If you want children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others.

1 comment:

my cup of tea said...

Hi Barbara! Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I hope to get to know you better! I love fried green tomatoes! I want to try your recipe and I have wanted to try the jar cakes for a long time, your recipe sounds yummy!
Blessings,
Donna