Monday, March 22, 2010


Are You Ready to be a Disciple of Jesus Christ?
Study Luke 14:25-35


Multitudes associated with Christ. Many for Superficial Reasons. Jesus had a way of Separating the "men" from the "boys".
People today still associate with Christ for superficial reasons. (Health, Wealth, Good Luck, Normality)
In this passage Christ is dealing with Discipleship, not salvation. (Salvation free/ Discipleship is expensive)
Today we are going to see firsthand what discipleship is all about!!!

My goal is to: Lead People to Christ/ Lead People to Discipleship, sharing with them what is correct, and how we are to live for Christ. Helping them to grow in the lord.
I want to Answer the Question: "Who can be a Disciple of Jesus Christ"

1. THE PEOPLE FACTOR – Vs. 26
Are you willing to put Christ ahead of anyone else?

2. THE PERSECUTION FACTOR – Vs. 27
Are you willing to follow Christ no matter what consequences it may bring?

3. THE POSSESSIONS FACTOR – Vs. 33
Are you willing to follow Christ without the interference of wealth?


Motive: Jesus had this same commitment towards me!  Can we live for him? Can we serve him to the best of our ability, this is suppose to just stir up your minds, just make you think what am I really doing for Jesus. On this first day of the rest of our life, what will we do with this man named Jesus? 
God Bless you This Day, Barbara

4 comments:

Dee said...

My heart is willing to follow and serve with any opportunity Christ places before me. I just pray my eyes and ears are always open to do so. A very good post today and it has stirred my thinking.:)

Barbara said...

Thank you dear, and tomorrow I will post the Pine Tree crosses/

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Excellent questions. He requires our all, but returns everything plus.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming buy to visit me!