Saturday, March 27, 2010
Asparagus-Potato Brunch Bake
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
3 cups frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes (from 32-oz bag), thawed
2 cups chopped lean cooked ham (1/2 lb)
1 box (9 oz) frozen asparagus cuts, thawed, drained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions in butter 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
2. In large bowl, mix eggs and milk until blended. Stir in cooked onions, potatoes, ham and asparagus. Pour into baking dish. Top with cheese.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Cheesy-Topped Mashed Potato Casserole
1 cup hot water
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/3 cups plain mashed potato mix (dry)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, if desired
1/2 cup bite-size cheese crackers
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In ungreased 1-quart casserole, mix hot water, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and the mashed potato mix. Cover with plastic wrap, turning back one side to vent steam. Microwave on High 2 to 4 minutes or until moistened.
2. Whip potatoes with fork until fluffy; stir in chives. Smooth top of potato mixture with rubber spatula.
3. Crush crackers. In small bowl, mix crushed crackers, cheese and 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over top of potatoes.
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are hot and topping is crisp.
Posted by Barbara at 10:15 AM