Wednesday, April 7, 2010

WEDNESDAY WORDS TO LIVE BY















I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

We hear all the time man should not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. This is such a true statement.
Our bodies are made to live on food, and our Spiritual bodies are made to live on food, God's holy word is the food for the Spirit.
I have found that which ever one you feed the most, that will be the strong one. If we feed our physical bodies they become strong and lead, if we feed our spirit it will become strong and lead, now the question is, which one do we want to lead us daily? The spirit of God, or our human fleshly spirit. Well many times we feed the flesh way too much, but very seldom do we ever feed the spirit too much.
Staying in the wonderful word of God, that is the only way for us to become strong in Christ, we need to pray, read our bibles, and let his words soak into our hearts. He has all the answers for every day life, and how we are to live, if we live for him, we will be happy, and we will be filled with joy, love, peace, longsuffering, these are the fruits of the spirit, without being prepared we will not show any of these fruits. Let us all read, study, and let God work in our heart. Let us fill our minds with his words.
When we were baptized into Christ, we shared in his crucifixion and we were raised up to be a new person. Christ is alive in us.
The real challenge is for us to be Christ alive in our world! Our motivation? Not to earn salvation, which has already been given us by grace, but to honor him who sacrificed all to save us.

Hope you have a marvellous Wednesday, and that you go to prayer meeting tonight, and let your cup be refilled. God bless you, and keep you until we meet again.
Lots of Hugs, Barbara

4 comments:

A Gardner's Cottage said...

I was actually talking with one of my prayer partners about this earlier this morning. Talk about conviction! So, if you will excuse me I have a breakfast meeting :) Have a blessed day.

Aliene said...

Good devotion! Been gone a few days but now I am back. I have a special unspoken request that I need you to pray about. I would really appreciate knowing some one is praying that the Lord would work on behalf of this request. Will talk to you later.

Barbara said...

Nancy thank you for stopping by my blog I hope you come back and stay a while.. Hugs

I sure will be praying for your unspoken request Ailene, dear I would love for you to email me, want to talk to you about something anyhow, God bless you and know I am praying for you.

pastorsmate@yahoo.com

Donna said...

So true!