Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

















Memorial Day, which falls on the last Monday of May, commemorates the men and women who died while serving in the American military. Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, at least, it marks the beginning of summer.

Happy Memorial Day my friends; I am Praying For Our Military and Their Families on this Memorial Day;this is a day when we honor those men and women who died while serving in the United States military service. Many laid down their life that we can live in a free Country, let us pray faithfully daily for those and their ...families, what a sacrifice they make. God bless you, and oh Lord God bless America, and we know how to get America to be blessed Again, God has a plan;
2 Chronilcles 2:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."


I hope you all have a safe and fun day, remember any free gift comes with a price.
Hugs and Blessings my friends, Barbara

10 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Barbara, Great post! I love your graphics as well but mostly, like you, I am thankful and honored by those who have fought to give us freedom here.
Have a safe Memorial Day!
Hugs, Noreen

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Great post! Yes, I am remembering those who served in the past and saying a prayer for those who are serving now. Hope you have a great Memorial Day too. Love & blessings from NC!

Joyful said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Am glad you enjoyed the trip to Prague. Once I get my CD drive fixed, I have some other cool pics to share from Prague. I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day. God bless xx

Peggy said...

Hope you are having a very blessed Memorial Day. I enjoyed your post and graphics. :)

A Gardner's Cottage said...

What a post! Loved this "remember any free gift comes with a price"

Hope you had a great week end!

~Nancy~

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Barbara, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you return often. I am enjoying looking at yours. Where is that gorgeous waterfall you have in your header mosaic????? My hubby and I collect waterfalls and have seen quite a few in GA. Where are you in GA????

Thanks again for stopping by... YES---we do need to remember those who died for our freedom. God Bless ALL of them and their families and loved ones.

Hugs,
Betsy

Bob West said...

I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I have yours. I am now a follower
God Bless, Bob
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/05/god-vs-science.html

Alice Grace said...

We are so blessed in our country to have freedom to worship our Lord! Thanks to the many wonderful men and women who have served our country and the ones who are now serving. God bless them all!

Val said...

Happy Memorial Day to you too!

Linda said...

Happy Memorial Day!
Remembering those who have served and fought to give freedom. Praying for those who are serving now.
Blessings.