Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday Wonderful Word















I have been humming Wonderful words of life all morning, so I think I am going to share that today with you. Sing along with me, let your Spirit soar, and your voice be heard by the heavens, hugs my friends.


WONDERFUL WORDS OF LIFE

Wonderful words of life,
Let me more of their beauty see,
Wonderful words of life;
Words of life and beauty
Teach me faith and duty.

Chorus:
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life;
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life.


Christ, the blessed One, gives to all
Wonderful words of life;
Sinner, list to the loving call,
Wonderful words of life;
All so freely given,
Wooing us to heaven.


Chorus:
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life;
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life.


Sweetly echo the Gospel call,
Wonderful words of life;
Offer pardon and peace to all,
Wonderful words of life;
Jesus, only Savior,
Sanctify us forever.


Chorus:
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life;
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Wonderful words of life.


Now let me ask you, are you singing, is your Spirit soaring, like God mentions in his holy word, you know the word sing is mentioned 119 times from Exodus 15:1 to Revelation 15:3   I think God thought it very important to sing, and to lift our voice to him, I never thought much about it before, but that is an important command from our lord, like in Psalm 30:4 "Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness." all of these are telling us to sing unto the lord, lift our voices in song, and in praise.,  he really felt it important to state it so many times, so my sweet friends lets sing unto him, and let us give praise and honor and glory to him forever and ever, lots of love my friends, and have a glorious Wednesday, and prayer meeting tonight.


Photobucket
Sing them over again to me,

11 comments:

Peggy said...

I had forgotten that hymn! As soon as I saw your post the tune came back to me and I was singing away. The dogs are use to it as I sing hymns to help the chores go by faster. thanks for stirring up old memories.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Barbara,
A wonderful song which now you've got me humming! Not a bad thing!
I am going to try your Lemon Cheesecake Squares. They look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Cooking Up Faith said...

Beautiful! Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog post. I'm working on a blog roll list and plan on adding your blog!

NanaNor's said...

Blessings to you Barbara, Love this hymn. What a joyous post you wrote and I love your heart of gratitude.
I love to sing and lift praises to my Papa.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Noreen

Theresa said...

Love that hymn. Love to sing and love to hear my little children singing. I love when I am humming and all of a sudden I hear my children singing that hymn. Sweet sounds for sure.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love that old hymn, Barbara. When I was a little girl, we would go to Sunday night services at my church. That's when we would sing all of the old hymns... Kids today don't know the old hymns --and that is sad to me.

Hugs,
Betsy

Sharon said...

Beautiful hymn and I had forgotten it.
Thanks for your inspirational post.
I truly enjoy stopping by to read them.

Kathy in KY said...

Hi Barb - I watch the Bill Gaither Homecoming shows on my Public TV station here in KY. I have been learning so many hymns over the years from them. The chorus of yours sounds familiar, and I'm sure that I have heard it before on one of the Homecoming concerts on TV. I love those old hymns, too, although, they're new to me! LOL -- thanks for sharing with all of us today. God Bless, and take care, from KY.

Kathy in KY said...

Good Wednesday evening, Miss Barb-thanks for stopping by my blog and posting a comment; I commented on your comment if you want to go take a look. And I put my own version of the poem featured earlier today. I had to come up with something to blog about, and decided to feature my oldest cat, Sarah - she's so photogenic! Looking forward to your next blog post. God bless you, my southern-sis. Take care, from KY.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I'm not familiar with that hymn but the words are good.
Blessings to you
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog today, I'm visiting from Cindy's I Owe It All To Him, and you're right there is nothing better than fresh eggs straight from the hen.
Hugs, Margaret