Monday, December 27, 2010














Monday Madness, NOT...Well Christmas is over, and Sunday is past, today is a day of rest for me, it has been a busy month, and with being sick, and my cyst on the knee, I have had my fill of December for one year, I am happy it is about over.
We had a wonderful Christmas, and spent quality time with friends and family, it was good, I received so many nice gifts, my dear husband got me a new Dell laptop, bright red. Then my son bought me a Oster, I cook and bake so much it was the perfect gift for his mom whom he knows so well, it is so nice and I will certainly enjoy using it. God has blessed us this year, with joy unspeakable, and so much grace and glory, he is the best friend I have ever had, and I so enjoy serving him.
Our church was down yesterday, some out of town, some sick, I am hoping after the first of the year things will pick up, and others will come and join with us, God has to give the increase, we can go on visitation, and invite folks, and tell them about Jesus, but God has to bring them in, we have had some visitors, and praying they come back and spend time with us again, that they will love it there and join in to help serve the lord with us.
I hope you have a wonderful New Year, and that God blesses each of my blogging friends abundantly.

8 comments:

Theresa said...

I am looking forward to resting a bit today too. It has been a busy few weeks for me. Today we have about 12-18 inches of snow so I am sure I will be out there with the kids. Perfect day for hot cocoa and cookies!

Sharon said...

I am glad that the holidays are about over also.
It seems like now we can sit back and just enjoy the life that God gives us from day to day.
Glad to hear that you have a wonderful time with family.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Barbara, I hope that you do get some rest now---and get that cyst taken care of...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas. I remember when I worked for a church (for about 25 yrs), the Sunday after Christmas was ALWAYS the lowest day of the year... SO--I'll bet your attendance will pick back up next week.

Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Betsy

Rocky Mountain Homemaker said...

So sorry to hear you've been ill, but I'm glad you had an enjoyable Christmas. Blessed new year to you............Denise

Jan said...

Glad to catch up again. Trusting you will see the increase.
With love and blessings for a joyous New Year.
In His name, Jan

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

I am glad you can relax. I rested today and I felt so much better. Take care of yourself my friend.
Blessings,
Bren

Jackie said...

I really enjoyed the Christmas season, but it feels nice to get back to "normal".Other than going to buy groceries,i'm just chillin' :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhh... a new laptop! Well I know that will be a lot of fun for you and give you something to do as you relax and rest after the busy holidays.
My hubby got a bad sore throat and cold for Christmas - argh. So we understand that sickness thing. We enjoyed the holidays, but we're glad they're over too. It's a season of rest I believe.
Hugs and blessings,
Deb