Saturday, January 15, 2011


Sharing It Saturday
I have not shared a good recipe in a while, with Christmas over and most stuffed and sick of goodies and sweets I stayed away from it, but, today I am sharing a great recipe from the Hershey them self, it is no doubt the best chocolate around, I have tried others but none like Hershey. Hope you enjoy this recipe I have chosen. They are easy, they are tasty and my memories of them are great.
They had every petit four imaginable on the cruise we went on, the whole table was fill with them, now most did not taste as good as they looked, but this recipe is the best, and they will be the hit of any party or shower.
Brownie Petit Fours











Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
3 tablespoons shortening(do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Sprinkles or decorator's icing(optional)

Directions

1.Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil; grease foil.
2.Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
3.Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; refrigerate about 2 hours.
4.Using edges of foil, lift brownie out of pan. Peel off foil; cut into 1-1/4 inch squares and allow to warm up to room temperature.
5.Line tray with wax paper. Melt small chocolate chips and shortening in small heavy saucepan over very low heat. Dip each brownie square into melted chocolate, covering completely. (Return to heat if chocolate cools and is hard to coat.) Gently tap on side of pan to allow extra chocolate to drip off. Place on prepared tray. Allow chocolate to set at room temperature or refrigerate until set (about 30 minutes); decorate as desired. Drizzle frosting over them,
(Sprinkles should be added just before chocolate sets.) About 3 dozen petit fours.


Photobucket




13 comments:

Theresa said...

YUMMY! I will be making this one! Thanks for sharing it with me! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Terri said...

Oh Wow! Those look good. I'll have to give them a try. Thanks, Barbara.

Nana's Nuggets said...

Yummy Looking! thanks for the sharing I have been looking for a recipie for these little goodies! Have a happy and blessed wk-end!

Theresa said...

Oh, those look good. Hershey's is great chocolate :)

Barbara said...

Yes they are really tasty, so much better than any kind that you would buy some where, glad you are liking them. Hugs

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

I love Hersey the best too. I also love the little picture with your face inserted into it. God bless you my friend.
Blessings,
Bren

Jan said...

They look great, Barbara.
Love and blessings,
Jan

Samantha said...

These look and sound wonderful, cant wait to try, thanks for sharing !!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks delicious, Barbara... I have never made Petit Fours---but I have eaten them and love them. Thanks for the recipe.
Hugs,
Betsy

Nikki (Sarah) said...

these look so yummy and I love love love that pic of you just before the comments section. :)

Country Whispers said...

This is something that I love but have never tried to make before. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Joanne Kennedy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hi!

I have to admit I printed out this recipe and can't wait to try it! YUM!

Pamela said...

I tried making petit fours for a tea party and said "never again." What a mess I had! These look so yummy that I just may back down from my earlier resolution.