Friday, March 18, 2011

The Hens Have Names
Leah, Lois and Lydia, and my other two are Mary and Martha, so all have Biblical names, and all are doing great, you can see a little of the lifted cage, it stands about 4 foot off the ground, and is completely wired, so nothing can get into this cage, I am so happy that my dear hens are safe and sound now, all are laying eggs too, so I will be able to give many eggs away, makes me happy, that is the main reason I wanted more hens, to have more eggs to share.

We went to town to get some wood at Lowe's, well the car dealer is right next door, our SUV is a 2006, and we were afraid it may start having problems, although it ran perfect and still looked and smelled like new. But any how we looked, and were able to buy  a  new 2011 for less a month than the 2006 was, now how great is that. The interest rate is only 4% which is so good too, they give us a free tank of gas, a free car wash and oil change when needed, we are happy as can be too, it is almost like the one we had but 5 years newer. We got a great deal I think, and it should last us for a very long time, it will probably be the last new one we get, unless we live a very long time and the lord tarries, then we will need another. Here is a photo of our new SUV

Our Azalea bushes are all in bloom now too, and my exotic plant is starting to bloom also, yes Spring is in the air, and I am thrilled, my tomatoes seeds are up about 1 inch now in the pots.
Our little Zoie Michelle is enjoying this Spring weather too.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Theresa said...

I love azaleas. Thanks for sharing yours. Ours won't bloom for a while yet, although today is supposed to get up to 70 degrees! Then back into the 50s for tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend.

Farming On Faith said...

Oh I loved the names~so cute.
You have a fabulous Friday~

Kathleen said...

Here in the land of all things Pacific NW, azaleas (and rhodendrons) are about to reveal their spring luster. I can't wait!

I don't have a home that's conducive to chickens, but I can't help but think how wonderful would be those fresh eggs!

Blessings,
Kathleen

Donnie said...

You picked out some cute names for your chickens and your new car is great. It probably gets better mileage too. Have a great day.

Deborah said...

I'm so looking forward to posting pictures of blossoms! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I think the names for your hens are just perfect. I'm sure the fresh eggs are wonderful. Congrats on the new SUV. It's always nice to get a new car. Especially when you are paying less. The flowers are beautiful. Flowers are pretty here in North Georgia too. I just don't have a green thumb. LOL! Blessing to you.

Becky K. said...

Hi Barbara,
I see you are a preacher's wife. I am a preacher's kid. Daddy is in Heaven now but the life of Christian Service is a heritage that I cherish.
I am always glad to meet those is full time ministry.

Your blog is cute! I saw you were visiting me and came over. Yes, I am one of those that watches Feedjit. A nice way to meet people.

We also have chickens. They are so much fun.

Have a great weekend.

an encourager said...

My azaleas are showing off their beauty in our backyard, too. Don't you love how cute they are?! I just wish they'd bloom for a longer time, like... through summer. hahaha.

How fun for your friend to send you an Avon-laden basket! I'm just new to selling, so haven't tried all the products yet, of course. Which products do you love best?

www.youravon.com/egrundvig