Thursday, September 1, 2011














Today is the first day of a new month, and just happens to be my birthday too, it has been a wonderful 68 years, and God has been so very good to me. I have had my ups and downs, but thinking back he sure has had his hand upon me and my life.


I seen it before salvation and I really see it now. God has blessed ,and I can say it is a wonderful and peaceful time, life is good, and God blesses daily, yep, he give breath for another day to sing his praises.

My SS girls bought me a gift in last night, it was so very special being I have only taught them a few weeks, it really made me feel loved. It is the best smelling Twilight woods from Body and Bath, the body spray and lotion, then a great sippy cup that you freeze the thing in the middle to keep it cold, and in red, amen they do know me already, so sweet, it really blessed me.
The pastor and wife had us for dinner last night too after church, because, Chuck preached and he never eats before, she served Quail, wow, never had quail, and really do not care for it, shushhhh don't tell, heehee, so we had a good night,  one little boy was saved too, Chuck had the honor of leading him to the lord. See how God blesses us, I mean just beyond measure he pours it out, what a wonderful life in serving him. Hope you all have a great day, and my dh is baking me a cake, giggles, like I need a cake, come on now and get some. Then I think I want to go to some thrift stores, I got some birthday money too, so burning a hole in my pocket. God has blessed me this day, how about you?



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a very wonderful Birthday! Love, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a HAPPY birthday!!! Don't you just love Bath & Body fragrances? Come visit at my new blog, Mildred

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to you.
I love B&B items too. They smell so good.
I have never tasted Quail either.
Have a wonderful and blessed Day.
Hugs

Sandy said...

Happy, happy birthday, Barbara!!
Sounds like you've been having
a good time celebrating!

Joyfull said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Bath and Body products are a perfect gift. Hope that you have a year full of God's blessings!

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Happy Birthday my friend. May the Lord bless you on this day and all the days HE has for you.
Blessings,
Bren

Miss Linda said...

I hope you have a blessed birthday weekend, and that this next year will be your best year ever!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Theresa said...

Well, Happy Birthday to you dear Barbara! You are looking mighty good on your Birthday:) I know you are blessed and feeling loved! HUGS!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARB! I hope you had a very blessed day filled with love and laughter!

Blessings~
Laura

HOPE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB!

So nice to read of your BLESSED B'day...

Quail..not sure...my Pastor served me Racoon once...YIKES..hidden in stew! Yessireee...we laugh now

GOD BLESS
HOPE

Barbara said...

I had a marvellous day, we went down to Fernindina Beach in Fl and spent the day browsing in the shops then sat and wated the waves coming in, very nice and peaceful day it was. LOL at Racoon, now that is classic, I could not eat that either, I just do not like anything wild. UGH.. Hope you all have a great weekend, and thank you for posting on my blog and all the great Bday wishes, I truly appreciate them.

Jillian said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you, sweet Barbara! And I think it's just wonderful that you shared your age with us! Age is simply not something to be hindered about. and I'm glad to know you agree with me : )

May the Lord continue to bless you abundantly as you serve him in this upcoming year.

~A Joyful day to you and yours~
Jillian

Aliene said...

Belated Happy Birthday. As usual, always late. Maybe in a few weeks things will get back to normal.
Have a blessed week end. Love you!

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday! I know it was outstanding, mostly because you are and you've described what fun it was. May His blessings continue!!

Anita said...

Happy belated Birthday, Barbara!