3 tablespoons peanut oil or neutral oil, like corn or canola
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1 bell pepper, stemmed, cored and roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped boneless chicken
1 cup peas (defrost if frozen)
1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
1 tablespoon minced ginger, or to taste
3 to 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup minced scallion or cilantro.
1. Put 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or a large skillet, preferably
nonstick, and turn heat to high. A minute later, add onion and
pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and
beginning to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove
to a bowl.
2. Add chicken to skillet and cook over high heat, stirring
infrequently, until nicely browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Add to bowl
with vegetables. Drain peas if necessary and add them to skillet;
cook, shaking pan, for about a minute, or until hot. Add them to
3. Put remaining oil in skillet, followed by garlic and ginger. About
15 seconds later, add rice, a bit at a time, breaking up clumps
with your fingers and tossing it with oil. When all rice is added,
make a well in the center and break eggs into it; scramble them a
bit, then incorporate into rice.
4. Return chicken and vegetables to skillet and stir to integrate.
Add water and cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add soy
sauce and sesame oil, then taste and add salt and pepper if
necessary. Turn off heat, stir in scallion or cilantro, and serve.
You might want to make these wonderful biscuits to go with this
Barbara's Best Biscuits
2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
Sift together first 4 ingredients, cut in shortening, Beat egg and milk together and add to dry mixture. Dough will be moist. On a floured surface knead dough until smooth. Roll out to 3/4-inch thickness, cut with biscuit cutter.
Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 450 for
Now I do not roll my dough out, I push it down with my hands and leave it kinda thick, your biscuits will be 2 inches high and melt in your mouth. up to you how you like them we like them high with butter and honey. Hugs and enjoy. Perfect every time.
Hope you make these and enjoy them, they make a great meal, I have not posted recipes in a while so thought I would take today to do just that. Have a wonderful Thursday
Last Nights Sky after the storm passed. It reminds me of the song. Til The Storm Passes Over:
FROM THE DARK OF THE MIDNIGHT HAVE I OFT HID MY FACE
WHILE THE STORM ROLLS ABOVE ME AND THERE'S NO HIDING PLACE
NEATH THE CRASH OF THE THUNDER , PRECIOUS LORD HEAR MY CRY
KEEP ME SAFE TIL THE STORM PASSES BY
TIL THE STORM PASSES OVER AND THE THUNDER SOUNDS NO MORE
TIL THE CLOUDS ROLL FOREVER FROM THE SKY, HOLD ME FAST LET ME STAND IN THE HOLLOW OF YOUR HAND , KEEP ME SAFE TIL THE STORM PASSES BY
MANY TIMES SATAN WHISPERS THERE IS NO USE TO TRY FOR THERES NOT END OF SORROW THERES NO HOPE IN THE BY AND BY
BUT I KNOW THAT THOU ART WITH ME AND TOMORROW I'LL RISE
WHERE THE STORM NEVER DARKENS THE SKY
WHEN THE LONG NIGHT HAS ENDED AND THE STORM COMES NO MORE
MAY I DWELL IN THY PRESENCE ON THAT BRIGHT PEACEFUL SHORE
IN THAT LAND WHERE NO STORM EVER COMES LORD MAY I
DWELL WITH THEE TILL THE STORM PASSES BY.
The Scripture I found is Ps 107:29 "He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still." He calms the sea, he calms the storms he calms me.
Now after the rain and storm you see the beauty it has left, everything is so very
green now, and simply gorgeous. The road out front of our house, and the
beautiful wild flowers God has placed in our area for us to enjoy.
Song of Solomon 2:12 "The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;"
Well that is time spent here today, may God bless you with all the beauty that surrounds you daily, stop and smell the flowers along the way, it makes the way seem easier and lots more fun.
I am linking up with Julie at More of Him, for this Count Our Blessings.
I have so many blessings it is hard to start to thank God whom all blessings come from, but I sure will do my best.
1. I thank God for my resurrected Saviour who hung on the cross to pay for the sin debt that I owed, and was able to save my soul from a Devil's hell.
2. I am so thankful for a loving husband who takes care of me, and has for almost 51 years.
3. I am thankful for a wonderful family who loves me unconditionally, and thinks I
am pretty special.
4. I am also thankful for all the dear women I have met in the blogging world, that I
have learned to respect and love.
5. I have 11 grandchildren I love dearly, that are all healthy, and 8 great grand children that are all healthy also. That is such a blessing to have such a big family, after growing up as an only child, this big family is indeed a blessing to me.
6. I am thankful for the Bible, that I live in a Country that I can read it daily or when ever I feel the need, I thank God for writing his word down so I can apply it to my heart.
7. I am blessed by living in a free Country, that we are still able to choose what church we attend, read our bible, and to vote on election day, that is an honor and one I do not take lightly.
8. I am totally blessed by where I live, it is remote, and never any problems here as in the cities close by. I have forgotten to lock my door at night, or left the key in the door, and never had one problem in 15 years of living here.
9. I am thankful for the talents God has given me, of singing his praises, and teaching his word to others.
10. I am blessed to be able to have a computer, and to reach out all over the world to many who may never hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is a blessing to reach others for Christ.
You know I could go on, and on, my blessings never end, daily I have something new that blesses my heart, but I will quit now for this blessing statement, and say have a very blessed Tuesday, and do be a blessing where ever you may go. Bye Bye For now.
Oh it is a marvellous Monday here in sunny and warm Georgia, just a glorious day.
I went to bed about 9:45 last night, and slept until 7:50 this morning, think I got enough sleep, giggles, I feel great and so refreshed too, I was plum wore out when we got home last night, but is was such a wonderful day.
Brother Chuck preached on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and just what that meant for us. It was a fabulous a great message. He was anointed yesterday in deed, and it was such a blessing. I was able to sing He is Alive, and it brought tears to many, and so many just loved it, as I was told after ward, it was a good day where we both were able to use our God given talents for the lord, and what better day to be in his house doing his will and worshipping him than on the day our lord arose. WOW I am still wound up.
They so graciously took us out for lunch at the Golden Coral, (our choice) had a delicious lunch and went to my sons after we ate for the after noon, his wife put a spread on too, lol but we were stuffed and could not eat, I did eat a little piece of ham before returning to church in the after noon.
Their evening Sunday service starts at 5:00 instead of 6 so that was nice, and we were able to get back home before dark even, that was a joy, and different than most times.
All in all we had a wonderful day, and I praise God for still using us, even in our old age, my dh preached out of Psalms last night and used that verse I was young and now I am old, it was very unique and good.
It sure pictures us, we were young and God used us then, but now we are old, and he is still using us, he is no respecter of persons, he can use any one, and I am so very happy that he has chosen to use us. Thank you Father for your goodness and all the wonderful blessings you bestow upon us. I love my lord, and I will serve you until the day I die, amen...
I am a Born again Christian Woman,Preacher's Wife, Mom to 5 grown children, Nana to 11, and great grandma to 8. I love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul and mind.
I just want to be all he wants me to and to live a simple and very peaceful life serving him daily. I want to be a blessing to those around me, and let my lord shine through me. We use the KJV Bible only, we believe it is the holy word of God, written by inspired men of old, filled and being led by the Holy Spirit of God.