Saturday, December 15, 2012
Prayer For Hard Times
My heart and prayers go out to those dear people in CT, such tragedy like I have never seen, I think they need to reconsider letting God back in the schools, let them pray and seek the lord for his help. I truly think they need to. I think we Christians need to be as bold as the Atheist who had it take out, we need to get some spine and stand tall and demand our rights as Christians to freely speak of Christ, you can speak of Wicca, you can speak of Mohammad you can even talk about Confucius, but mention Jesus Christ and it is not allowed, WOW, I have had it, I will proclaim the Gospel and shout it from the house top, who will stand with me, let us preach to all the world what Christ has did for us.
Do We need Evidence???
Prayer banned in schools 1962:
Bible banned 1963:
10 Commandments 1980:
A. Young People
1. For 15 years before 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 years had been no more than 15 per thousand After 1963 pregnancies increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.
B. The Family
1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.
1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.
a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.
3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.
D. The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
2. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
3. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 55 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973
Posted by Barbara at 5:21 PM