Wednesday, April 20, 2016

SORRY I HAVE BEEN AWAY

Wow it is Spring and everything is all fresh and new, we have did much work here at home and in church services.  "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding". Proverbs 3:13

We ripped up all our carpet in the living room and hall, replaced it with a hardwood floor, it is so beautiful, and so easy to use a swifter on, no fuss no muss.

We had a food drive at our church and two precious men accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour, that is what the goal in all we do is, bringing souls to Christ, it is why he saved us, and left us here on earth, to tell others just how we were saved.

Well we have number 12 great grand child to brag about, here is Christian Jamar Lewis
born to Reshell and Christopher Lewis on April 2nd, 2016... 6lbs 3oz.

Everything is going well, we have a few leads on the men that killed our son, they will be caught soon, and with sweet relief to his family. The family is all doing good, trusting the lord for our strength and comfort, I have spurts of sorrow, but changes to sweet memories and looking forward to seeing him again, my 3 child Jack Lee Harris, he was a jewel in my purse of children.

Well that about catches me up, hope to post more often, and to read more too, I tell you Facebook spoils us. So til next time, be blessed and do be a blessing.






Photobucket

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi there Barbara, it is nice to see your sweet face and feel that sweet spirit that flows from your heart! I hope that they catch those people! They need to be off the streets! Have a blessed day and don't stay gone SO long:) HUGS!

Barbara said...

Thank you it has been lovely here...thank you for your faithful comments.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby!! That new flooring makes your living room look bigger!! I love my hard wood floors too. They are so much easier to keep clean than carpet.
I do pray that they catch the one or ones who are responsible. Even if not on this earth, they can't get away with it when they stand before our God.

Barbara said...

Yes Sandra he is a beautiful, hard to believe my granddaughter has 4 boys, quite a hand full, guess she is taking after me; the others only have 2 each...My quiver is full indeed.
I do love my floors, so bright and cheery in there, love my new throw rugs too, the colors match the Mossy Oak sofa and sage curtains, nice country living.
How is everyone with you, not heard from you in such a long time. I tried to see your blog but it is different now.
Thanks for commenting, love and miss our chats.

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Hello Mrs. Barbara,

I think of you often and continue to pray for your family. Thus, it is a joy to see a recent post from you.
Congratulations on those new grand babies. My 3rd baby boy was 6lb. 3oz., my smallest baby, but now stands over 6ft. He didn't stay small for long!
We will continue to keep your family in prayer as you all walk through this valley of grief. Your strength and dependence upon our Lord, Jesus Christ, through all this is ministering to my heart in a great way. I know it is more difficult than most can imagine, but thank you for sharing your heart.

Hugs,
Mrs.B

Barbara said...

Thank you that made me think of the song my husband and I sing;

EVEN THE VALLEY

I faced a mountain
A trial of stone
I faced a mountain
A trial of stone
Down in the valley
I felt so alone
Fearing that satan
Would tempt and abuse
But God sent sweet comfort
With this simple truth

CHORUS
Even the valley
Is higher ground
Satan can't touch me
Where God's love abounds
There's not a place where
God's hand can't reach down
Even the valley
Is higher ground

I've soared with eagles
And I've fallen low
Through peaks and through valleys
That's just how life goes
But I've found a peace in
The midst of despair
When I discovered
That God's every where

CHORUS
Even the valley
Is higher ground
Satan can't touch me
Where God's love abounds
There's not a place where
God's hand can't reach down
Even the valley
Is higher ground

Even the valley
Is higher Ground

Visits With Mary said...

I'm so glad you're back!!