Thursday, May 7, 2009

Country Preacher's Wife

Hi, I am just a country girl married to my Preacher husband for over 48 years, he was my high school sweetheart, and the love of my life. We have 5 grown children, 11 grand children and 7 great grand children, Psalms 127:5 "Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate." So we live a very happy and useful life for our lord. Psalm 128:1 & 2 "Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands; happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee". This is why I am so blessed, and I want to share my blessings with you. Coming to know Jesus Christ as my Saviour was the start of the blessing flow. He is your answer to all of your problems. He is my Rock; He is my joy; He is my everything... Oh how God has blessed my family ... poured out His blessings from on high over and over, so much that it overwhelms me sometimes. God is my refuge and my Saviour, my help in time of need. Barbara's Testimony of Saving Grace I was saved in July of 1974. Praise God! I remember like it was yesterday. I just kept thinking "Well, I am not that bad, and maybe when I get older I will get saved. I have too much living to do now...." Sound like familiar lies from Satan? Well he had me pretty blinded. I had been a terrible person, deep in sin, and so as not to give glory to Satan in any way, I will not expound on these sins. My husband had gotten saved, and he kept telling me ,"Oh the Lord is coming back; and I am going to Heaven! And, Honey, you are not going to be able to go unless you ask Christ to save you." Well, I went two weeks watching, keeping my distance from his Christian visitors, and wondering how the Lord could save a rascal like my husband. Then one Sunday, we had gone to Church, come home, and everyone was in the bedrooms napping but me. I was on the sofa in the living room. I never napped there.... See, God had it all set up from the beginning! Well, anyhow this man came up to the door known as brother Jack. He had led my DH to the Lord, and he started talking about the Lord and asking if I were to die today was I 100% sure I would go to Heaven. I was only 31 years old at the time! Did he know something I didn't know? Was I sick or what? And of course I had no where to run or hide; he had got me, and the Lord was working in my heart big time by now. I could feel the heat, and feel my face flushed, and still wanting to run and hide. Then finally I just broke down, the Lord broke through all barriers, and I cried out, NO I AM NOT SURE!! Jack said, "Wouldn't you like to be sure?" "Well yeah," I answered; so he read many scriptures, and I could feel the Lord tugging at my heart. I kept thinking, "no, no, no," and finally a peace came over me; and crying and exhausted, I bowed my head and asked Christ to forgive me of my sins and cleanse my heart from all evil, and to come live inside of my soul. "Oh Jesus!" I cried out, "save me, save me now, Lord!! save me!" And guess what? He did! Amen and amen, and I have never been the same since! Oh I love to tell this testimony! I always said Satan thought he had me all tied up, snug and fast asleep. His big mistake was he left me alone; and when he came back, well GLORY, I belonged to another Master! I had made Jesus my Saviour, and I belonged to Him now. Praise God!! Don't you know how upset Satan was at that, and wow, did he start to attack us then; he surely was not going to let us be happy in serving the Lord. But greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!! And my God has proven it over and over again through my Christian life. Well, even before I was saved I can see His mighty hand leading me. I think the smartest and the dumbest thing I ever did was to promise God my children if He would make my husband whole again. My husband had been a Rock Drummer, and into many drugs. He over-dosed one night, and I thought he would never come around again. But GLORY!!! little did I know what the Lord had in store for us. But I was a lost woman calling out to God to help me. I knew I would not give myself, but I offered my children in my place (so foolish I see now). Well, God did make my precious husband well again, and I did keep my promise to God. I sent my children on the Sunday School Bus faithfully for over 3 years, and then they went to a little Church, only about 3500 members, ha ha. Through this loving ministry God sent the man out to our home, and he told us about Jesus. Oh what a Saviour is this man Jesus! And the rest of the story is history. Praise God for saving this wicked old soul. And for those of you who do not know, my husband is a Pastor now! God delivered him from ALL evil, changed his direction in life, (this is repentance) completely. SO ladies with lost husbands, hang in there! If God can save mine and make him a preacher, HE surely can save yours, too! I will post daily, and try to update daily, hopefully I can make a usable blog for the glory of our lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

Wow Barbara, you and I have some things in common! My husband was saved first and I scrutinized his every move as the Lord continued to draw me. I was 32 years old when I finally came to Christ and it has been the best decision I have ever made. I believe the two most important choices in life are: What you will do with Jesus and who you will marry. Thanks for sharing this link on my blog! God bless :)