Saturday, May 9, 2009

A MOTHER’S REFLECTIONS

I gave you life, but cannot live it for you I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn I can give you directions, but I cannot be there to lead you I can allow you freedom, but I cannot account for it I can take you to church , but I cannot make you believe I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot always decide for you I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you beautiful inside I can offer you advice, but I cannot accept it for you I can teach you to share , but I cannot make you unselfish I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show honor I can advise you about friends, but I cannot choose them for you I can advise you about sex, but I cannot keep you pure I can tell you the facts of life, but I can’t build your reputation I can tell you about drink, but I can’t say “no” for you I can warn you about drugs but I can’t prevent you from using them I can tell you about lofty goals, but I can’t achieve them for you I can teach you about kindness but I can’t force you to be gracious I can warn you about sin, but I cannot make you moral I can love you as a child, but I cannot place you in God’s family I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God I can teach you about Jesus. But I cannot make Jesus your Lord I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal life I can love you with unconditional love all my life… and I will Always, Mom

No comments: