Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scripture Survival Kit
Toothpick: to remember to pick out the good in others. Matt. 7:1
Rubberband: To remember to be flexible. God has it under control. Romans 8:28
Band Aid: To remember to mend hurt feelings. Yours or someone elses. Col. 3:12-14
Pencil: To remember to list your blessings daily Eph 1:3
Butterfinger: Cause we all slip sometimes, and it's okay. Gen. 50:15-21
Gum: So you can stick to it. With God you can accomplish anything. Phil. 4:13
Button: To remember to button your lip when needed. 1 Peter 3:10
Lifesaver: To remember that the Lord is there to help. Psalm 46:1
Mint: to remind you that you are worth one. (I use a peppermint patty) John 3:16-17
Candy Kiss: To remember that Love should be a part of everyday. 1 John 4:7
Snickers and Tissue: To remind us to be a light in someone elses day. Matt. 5:14-16
Puzzle Piece: To remember that without God we are not complete. Prov. 14:20
Tea Bag: To remember to relax and go over that list of blessings. 1 Thess. 5:18
These fun kits are made simply by adding all of the "ingredients", printing the list of items and their meaning and putting it all in a jar with a nice decorative jar topper. These are inexpensive kits, especially if you can recycle the jar from your kitchen (keep your eye open for nice jelly and relish jars at the store.

8 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

I LOVE it!
I'm anxious to read more from you Barbara!
Have a beautiful day!
Holykisses,
Lea

BECKY said...

Hi Barbara!
I came over from Shabby Old Potting Shed. It's nice to meet you. I love this idea!! Wish I had seen it sooner because I could have made cometo take to my ladies fellowship group tomorrow!! Oh well, I'll take them next week!!

Love meeting new bloggy friends!!
I'll be back to visit!!
HUGS,
Becky

Barbara said...

There are so many things you can put in a jar for gift, depending on the occasion, this is fun..
Thanks for stopping by too, hugs

Rhondi said...

Hi Barbara
That is a very cute survival list! Thanks for leaving a comment so I could stop by and say hello!
Hugs, Rhondi

Tori Leslie said...

Hey Barbara,
Thanks for dropping by my blog, love yours!
I'm for sure gonna be back, specially to try out some of your recipes.
It seems like we're are the same sorta folk, glad to know ya!

Barb said...

Barbara, you post your pictures on your blog...then come to Bella Vista and click on the links to take you to the other blogs...so you can see their pics. Okay.

Does this help?

Barb

JD/ Jill said...

I have some of these (scripture jars)...but I think yours turned out a lot cuter than mine...thank you for sharing...

Kathy said...

Oh I love this! Thank you for sharing.