Monday, July 26, 2010
Well the weekend is over, and it is back to the old grind, well for us retired folks it is a day of rest, lol for all you working folks it is back to the job, but in these times I am sure you are praising God you have a job to go to. We had a wonderful day at church yesterday, My dear husband preached and we had many singing and just a good time.
Any of you that do bulletins or church New Letters will appreciate this following article I have printed for your here, it is the mistakes that some make in their church bulletins, laugh along with me:
The following sentences actually appeared in church bulletins, or were announced in church services:
1. The Fasting and Prayer Conference includes meals.
2. Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
3. Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
4. For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
5. Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
6. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice .
7. Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
8. Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
9. Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
10.The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
11.Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Baptist Church Please use large double door at the side entrance.
12.The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours".
How many have ever read the book Hinds Feet for High Places? By Hannah Hurnard, I love this book and it is a allegory about a little crippled girl and her walk with the Shepherd, it shows us our walk with our great Shepherd, and all the battles that come in our life, and how he helps us fight off the enemy, and gives us strength for the day, here are some good scriptures about having Hinds feet, read them in your Bible and see what God speaks to you about them. I recommend this book if you can get it, most Christian book stores carry it. It is a good teaching and learning book to grow in grace. Here are the scriptures I do love:
2 Samuel 22:34 "He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places".
Psalms 18:33 "He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places".
Habakkuk 3:19 "The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments".
I hope your Monday is a very blessed one, that you get accomplished all you intend, and that God gives you the strength to get it all done, Be blessed and do be a blessing to some one today.
Posted by Barbara at 9:16 AM