Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday















Well the summer is winding down, soon the Apples will be in the markets, the pears are in now, and all the fall things will return to the shelves, I love fall, the temperatures cool down and the leaves start falling, and turning gorgeous color, it is a good season, yet my favorite is still Spring, when all new life appears after a long cold winter, but I love the season change.  I am thankful that God set up the seasons the way he did, just as we tire of one, another one appears. God is so good. 

It does make me think of the Scripture too:
John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then
cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
It is the season of harvest, and may we never forget this statement made in John, it is important to get
the crops in, but it is so important to get all the souls in the
flock we can too, it is something all Christians can do, tell
others what Christ did for you, it does not have to be some long Theologians speech, simply tell them how you got saved, how Christ touched your heart and life.

Today I am making pear freezer jam, it is a first for
me but I love pears, a lady give me a bunch of them, so will try it, I may make some pear relish too, I have a good recipe for it.
I am thankful on the this day that I am still able to do the things I love, and that my surgery will be over soon, and I will feel so much better, and will be able to stand for long periods of time, something I cannot do now. I thank each of you for your prayers, and for coming daily to hear me rant, and babble on, lol it is assuring that I do not stand alone, that many ladies love doing the same things I do.
You have a blessed Thursday, and see ya tomorrow.


Hugs ♥ Blessings
Photobucket

11 comments:

Camille said...

Good Morning Barbara! I *love* the seasons too! It's funny how we are ready for the next one when it comes along! God is so infinitely wise and wonderful! Thanks for the reminder.

AND yes, the harvest of souls...may the LORD give us the boldness to share HIS love with many!

Blessings to you!
In Him,
Camille

Peggy said...

I am a winter person as I love the cold winds and snow. I also love sitting by the fire and enjoying the quiet winter seems to bring. Today is pear picking day for me. Not sure what all I will make from them but can't wait to get started. Have a blessed day and keeping you in my prayers.

Barbara said...

Hey and My first batch of jam is finished, and in the freezer, it is so good, reminds me of apple butter. yumyum good, I know we will like it in the months to come.

Kathy in KY said...

Hi Barbara - so glad to hear your surgery will be soon, and that you will feel better, and able to do what you want to do for longer periods of time. Your pear freezer jam sounds wonderful as well as the pear relish. We are having nice days here in KY with days in the low-80's and last night it got down to the 50's. I like this type of weather the best, still some warm temps, but an Indian Summer. it does remind me of the harvest, as well as you mentioned the harvest of souls. Thanks for the reminder that we all need to share our testimonies. Blessings for you, from your southern-sister in KY.

Theresa said...

Hi Barbara. I love the change of seasons too, although fall is my favorite. It is still feeling like summer here in NY. We have a while to go yet until those cool days.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Barbara, YES---you will feel better after your surgery--and you will be able to stand longer!!!!

I am thankful that I live in an area where there are all four seasons... When I was in Texas, I would cry int he fall because I missed the mountains and the beautiful leaf changes SO much... NOW--I'm back here and LOVE it... Thanks be to God.

Hope your Pear jam and relish turn out really good.
Hugs,
Betsy

Flat Creek Farm said...

Barbara, I always enjoy your posts. I'm thankful for the change in seasons too. My maternal grandma used to make Pear Butter. It was so sweet it almost made your teeth hurt, but oh so good! Also, I so enjoy your video of the little girl singing How Great Thou Art. So sweet! Have a wonderful remainder of the week. -Tammy

carole johnston said...

Goodmorning Barb,Well for me the winter will soon be fading away and our hot Australian summer will be upon us but not before we have a beautiful spring.For us summer is when we have our stoned fruits,peaches,plums,apricots all those and grapes.We have a vegie patch but only a lemon fruit tree but when the lovelies are on special and make the most of them yumm yumm it would not be Christmas for us without them and watermelon o'h I can't wait for those melons lol.anyway the winter has been wonderful too with juicy oranges for marmalade etc and apples are not around plump and sweet.MAking myself hungry now lol.God is good he blesses us with abundance and yet others are hungry and wet far away in another land,we must be thankful everyday for where he placed us in our lives.Surgery will soon be over and you will feel like a new woman. Blessings Carole.

Anonymous said...

What a cozy and enjoyable post today Barbara. I just returned from the apple orchards north of here. They are delicious! Best wishes with all the pears.

A Gardner's Cottage said...

Boy do I wish I was at your house! Pear jam sounds so good. My SIL does a lot of canning and I am hoping to do a little myself this year.

I have been out of the loop for way to long. I was surprised to read about your surgery. Please know that I will be praying for you.

Nancy

by the way...I too, love the change of seasons. Fall is my favorite!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Mmmmmm, pear relish, I've never had the pleasure! Sounds very interesting and quite yummy!

Yes, the fields are so very ripe with those hurting and searchin' for something to fill their void. We need to be very vigilant in our harvest.

God bless ya and have a fantastic Friday!!!